Players Code of Conduct
I understand that it is a privilege to play hockey in the Scarsdale Youth Hockey Association and as a player with SYHA, do hereby agree to the following Code of Conduct:
- I will play for fun.
- I will work hard to improve my skills.
- I will be a team player – get along with your teammates.
- I will be on time.
- I will learn the rules and play by them. Always be a good sport.
- I will respect my coach, my teammates, my parents, opponents and officials.
- I will never argue with an official’s decision.
- I will not swear or use abusive language on the bench, in the locker room, in the arena, and/or at any team function.
- I will not throw equipment.
- I will encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, fans, volunteers and referees at every game.
- I will treat teammates, coaches, opponents, facilities, fans and referees with respect.
- I will not drink alcohol, smoke, chew tobacco or use any other illegal substance at the rink or any team function.
- I will respect and adhere to all rules and Code of Conduct of USA Hockey.
- I will express any concern through proper channels in a respectful manner.
- I understand that any player who cannot abide by these rules or violates them will be subject to disciplinary action.